The American International School of Jeddah (AISJ; Arabic: المدرسة الأمریکیة العالمیة بجدة), or the "American School" in short, is an American international school in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It serves grades PreK-12 and historically was sponsored by Saudi Arabian Airlines, aka Saudia.  History It opened in 1952 as the Parent Cooperative School (PCS), with an initial class of 40 students. The school opened to serve children of Trans World Airlines (TWA) brought` employees to Saudi Arabia to Establish Saudia, as well as other children.  From 1973 to 1977 the school had an annex in Taif. In 1968 a new building for the school opened. Additional enrollment occurred two to an expansion of the oil industry, and the school moved again in 1975 with the North Campus (NCS) being built the Following year. In 1979 its name changed to the Saudi Arabian International School (SAIS). The school had 1,700 students in the fall of 1980, its peak enrollment. In 1985 the name changed to Saudia-Saudi Arabian International School. The first twelfth grade class graduated in 2001. The school received its current name in 2004 after the airline discontinued sponsoring the school. As of 2012 the school had 200 staff members and 1,100 students.  A new campus, designed by Zuhair Fayez Partnership, is scheduled to open in 2017. The announcement and groundbreaking occurred in 2014; Anne Casper, the American consul general in Jeddah, attended the ceremony.